Information for consultations
When you come for your appointment, remember to bring the following:
- Referral letter from your GP, family physician or Specialist. This is essential, and failure to provide this may result in your appointment being postponed.
- Have your insurance information, as applicable.
- Medicare or Department of Veteran’s Affairs card. Also bring any Pension cards or Health Care Cards.
- List of medications, or the medications
- Copies of operation records, medical records, x-rays, MRIs, CT scans etc from prior doctor visits.
- If you have had surgery elsewhere, please bring a copy of your operation report.
- CD or similar with Angiogram or Echo images will need to be sent from your referring doctor if these have been done.
- Bring a family member to help with some of these things. If English is not your native language, then they will also be helpful to understand the nature of the problem, and its treatment
Very often during the course of your evaluation or treatment for your condition, your doctor will require X-rays or other tests to determine the cause of a problem or to evaluate your progress. In addition, it may be necessary to repeat a study to complete your evaluation.
Please dress so that the body part you are having trouble with can be easily examined, or your surgical sites if this is a post-operative visit.
Full payment is required on the day of appointment. This is not a Bulk Billing practice. A claim can then be generated on your behalf for a Medicare rebate that will be credited into your bank account directly from Medicare. We accept Master card, Visa card and Cash. We do not accept cheques.