Associate Prof. Andrew Newcomb
Associate Prof. Andrew Newcomb is a Cardiothoracic Surgeon and is trained in all aspects of cardiothoracic surgery including heart failure, congenital, thoracic and aortic surgery. His subspecialty training includes complex valve surgery.
Mr Newcomb is happy to see all patients with cardiothoracic conditions. He has special interest in
- Complex aortic surgery including David procedure, and endovascular treatment of aortic dissections.
- Coronary surgery, including all arterial revascularisation
- Pacing and high voltage devices, including Epicardial Left Ventricular lead insertion
- Minimally Invasive Valve surgery
- Royal Australasian College of Surgeons July 2007 – Fellowship in Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery University of Queensland, 1995
- Australian Health Practitioners Regulation Agency
- Director Cardiothoracic Surgery, St Vincent’s Health. July 2013
- Cardiothoracic Surgeon, St Vincent’s Health. July 2008
- Adjunct Associate Professor, Australian Catholic University. September 2013
- Honorary Senior Clinical Fellow, University of Melbourne.
- Visiting Medical Practitioner:
- St Vincent’s and Mercy Private Hospital
- Epworth Hospitals – Richmond and Box Hill
- Knox Private Hospital Wantirna.
- Albury Private Hospital, Albury. NSW.
Dr. Andrew Newcomb
Melbourne Cardiothoracic Surgeons
Suite 35, 141 Grey St.
East Melbourne VIC 3002
- (03) 8580 2434
- (03) 9966 9958
Border Heart Specialists
Level 6, 470 Wodonga Place
Albury NSW 2640
- (02) 6058 6161
- (02) 6058 6165
Level 1, 242 Hoppers Lane
Werribee VIC 3030
- (03) 9908 2999
- (03) 8742 7788